FOH setup

edited December 1969 in IOScope
Hi,

Iam sound engineer in a french theater i would like to know if it's possible to measure time delay between 2 speakers with time impluse reponse ?

and how i do it with IOScope ?

thanks

Comments

• Iam sound engineer in a french theater i would like to know if it's possible to measure time delay between 2 speakers with time impluse reponse ? and how i do it with IOScope ?
    You can measure time delay in IOScope with the impulse response, ETC, or correlation function. I would recommend using the correlation function with the cursor peak track function turned on. The cursor time will then correspond to the delay through the system or device under test (DUT). (The delay will also include the latency of the iPhone or iPod touch audio I/O path, unless you have compensated for it in the Measurement Configuration.)

An alternative approach to measuring time delay is to use the Group Delay function, which essentially presents time delay through the DUT as a function of frequency.

Measuring the difference in time delay between two speakers would require two measurements--one for each speaker. Then, you subtract one time delay measurement from the other to get the difference.

Ben