Faber Forum

Calibrate input mic preamp

Hi,
I'm brand new to Electroacoustics toolbox.  My primary use will be acoustical analysis of frequency response and sound pressure levels.  I have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro  USB microphone preamp and a calibrated microphone. 

Toolbox recognizes the M-Audio device, but when I open a sound level meter window, select the proper input and start, the levels are far below my calibrated IVIE unit.  Where do I go in this software to adjust the parameters of the M-Audio device so the SPL levels are the same as my IVIE?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I need to get to work and am not having any luck figuring this out on my own.  Help appreciated in advance.

Comments

• You can manually adjust the input sensitivity of the microphone input channel in the table at the bottom of the Device IO Setup window. If you have already performed a voltage calibration on your device, and you know the sensitivity of the microphone, you can just switch the units to Pa and enter the microphone sensitivity.  Otherwise, you can make sure the units are set to Pa and manually tweak the channel sensitivity until the reading in the SLM tool is correct. (This is best performed with a microphone calibrator, if you have one.)