Calibrating micW i486 microphone

edited January 7 in SignalScope Pro

My micW i486 microphone has a factory sensitivity of 9.1 mv/Pa. The SignalScope requires Pa/FS. I have an iphone X. What value do I use for FS? Is FS the full signal voltage of the iphone or the microphone? What value will I plug into the calibration input sensitivity box? Also, I have bought a Galaxy Audio calibrator. It says it has a 1/4" adapter for the microphone. Do I have to first split the iphone output into mic and headphone, insert mic on mic cable and then into the calibrator? Thank you in advance for the answer and to previous post.

Comments

• I assume that you are referring to the MicW i436.

I recommend that you read How do I calibrate my microphone with SignalScope or SoundMeter? on our blog. It explains the units associated with microphone input calibration, as well as the calibration process.

Do I have to first split the iphone output into mic and headphone, insert mic on mic cable and then into the calibrator?

Not necessarily, but you can. In any case, you need a Lightning to headset adapter (or USB headset adapter for more recent iPhone models). If you want to use the headphone output channels, then you would need to split the signals.

An alternative would be the RØDE AI-Micro audio interface.

Since you have your own calibrator, you can ignore the analog factory sensitivity of your micW i436 and perform the calibration with the mic connected through your chosen headset adapter or interface (your units should then be Pa/FS).