Oscilloscope: how to vertically separate traces in the display and have different scales for each.

The old Signal Scope could do this. Say you are looking at more than one trace on the oscilloscope display. It's nice to have each trace separated vertically, not on top of each other.

And it's also nice to have different scales (ADU per box) for each display.

I don't see any way to do this with Signal Scope X on the Mac. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Hi @Andy_P,

Thank you for your input on this.
    This is one of the few features from the older Mac version of SignalScope that haven't yet made it into newer versions.
    It is something we intend to bring back, although I can't confirm how soon that will happen.

Although it wasn't intended for this purpose, there is at least one workaround for separating traces vertically. Individual input channels offer DC offset correction which can be manually set to shift a waveform up or down.

Are you still using an earlier version of SignalScope for Mac?

Ben

• Hi, Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Adjusting the DC offset correction would do it -- that didn't occur to me! --, although it's not as easy or as obvious as simply grabbing the waveform with the mouse and moving it up or down.

I do have licenses for the older Signal Scope and Signal Suite. I figured it was time to upgrade.

While we're at it, the documentation for X always refers to iOS/iPadOS pinch-to-zoom and other touch gestures. I'm on a Mac, so it took a bit of hunting to find the keystrokes and such to make those same visual changes.

• Andy,

Thank you for the feedback on the documentation with respect to visual adjustments.
    For future reference, there's an article on the blog that may also be helpful:

How to Manually Adjust the Data Scale in SignalScope

If you have a trackpad connected to your Mac, the relevant pinch and touch gestures are generally still available.