Averaging in FFT and Low Memory

edited December 1969 in SignalScope Pro
Only OFF and EXP seem to work. The other selections run about 1 second and terminate.
Are they not yet implemented?

I get Memory Low every time I go into the options in SSP. Not sure why memory would be low. SSP is the only app that has been run. Restarting the app does not fix it. I rebooted the iPod 4g and that did fix the problem, but I can't do that every other time I start SSP.
Not sure if this means there is a memory leak somewhere, or that "contiguous" memory is low.

Comments

• Only OFF and EXP seem to work. The other selections run about 1 second and terminate.
    Are they not yet implemented?
    The other averaging types cause the analyzer to automatically stop after the specified number of averages has been reached. This is normal behavior.
    I get Memory Low every time I go into the options in SSP.
    You indicated that rebooting the iPod touch 4 fixed the problem. I strongly suspect that you have other apps running in the background that consume memory. The unfortunate thing about multi-tasking is that other apps don't "go away" when you return to the home screen or switch to another app (ironic, no?). What you can do is double-click the home button to bring up your list of running apps and tell them to quit in the same manner that you delete apps from your home screen. (Tap and hold on an app icon in the running apps list, at the bottom of the screen, until the icons start to jiggle. You'll see a red tag in the corner of each app's icon that you can tap to tell the app to quit.) If you quit your other apps, I suspect that the memory warnings in SignalScope Pro will go away.
  • Ok, I didn't understand the implications of using Lin and Peak averaging in the FFT.

On the Low Memory, I find no apps in the "running" list right now. I'll check on that next time I get that error message, I'm sure you're right about whats going on there. I didn't know about the double click of the home to get that screen up.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.
    -Del