Faber Forum

Frequency Response

edited December 1969 in Electroacoustics Toolbox
Hi.
First I'm from Sweden and I apologize if not my spelling is right.
OK so far I love this software, i use it a lot to measure THD and more.
But, I want to do a real  reliable Measure in my control room so I can build a real acoustic treatment.
I have tried to do some but I don`t know if I can really trust them.

I want to know the Frequency Response from my speaker (in sweet spot) and what frequency I have time delay in. (bounce in my mixin desk, in the walls, and so on, (early reflection))

I have equipment like measure microphones so that shouldn't be a problem.
Please can anyone explain how I should do with my Electroacoustics Toolbox program to get  a good reliable result.
Thanks!
Jörgen

Comments

• Hi J√∂rgen,
    I want to know the Frequency Response from my speaker (in sweet spot) and what frequency I have time delay in. (bounce in my mixin desk, in the walls, and so on, (early reflection))

You can certainly measure the frequency response in the sweet spot. You can also look at group delay, which gives the time delay through the system as a function of frequency. Identifying specific reflections will be trickier. One thing you could do is window the impulse response around specific reflections and then take a look at the frequency response (transfer function magnitude) again, which will be updated when you apply the IR window. That might give you some sense of the frequency content of certain reflections (or groups of reflections).

If you want to identify the source of specific reflections (which surfaces the sound is actually reflecting off of), Electroacoustics Toolbox is not directly equipped to do that.

Ben