touch mic

edited December 1969 in SignalSuite
I'm particularly interested in getting Signal Suite to run on my iPod Touch.  I need information on a microphone that is compatible with the Touch and Signal Suite.  Do you have any further information on this?  We can't get iPhone here (no AT&T in this state), so the Touch is my only option for these handy applications.

Thank you
JJ

Comments

• JJ,

SignalSuite does not use a microphone--only the headphone or line output.

However, if you are looking to use SignalScope or SoundMeter with an iPod touch, it looks like, for now at least, you'll need to use a second generation (2G) iPod touch, since it appears that there aren't any microphones that work with the original iPod touch.

With the iPod touch 2G, you can use either a standard iPhone headset mic, or some other headset mic, or you can use the Belkin TuneTalk Stereo. If you use the TuneTalk, however, it will block the headphone output, so it will need to be disconnected to allow audio output. Another option would be to get some type of dock connector extension cable or adapter, which would allow access to the headset connector while using the TuneTalk with your iPod touch.

Ben