SoundMeter 2016 - Installation after Upgrade from IPhone 6 to IPhone SE 2020 - Reinstallation

Hi there Ben,
I have been recording rail noise on my IPhone 6 since August 2016 using SoundMeter purchased components - SoundMeter, Data Logging Upgrade, Octave Analyzer RTA Tool, and Data Acquisition Support.
Most data files were stored on my IPhone, some were downloaded onto my laptop using the File Transfer ( but the manually saved files lost their date stamp - changed to date of download).
Unfortunately my IPhone 6 has died - but all backed up on ICloud - hopefully including the SoundMeter data files.
All my other apps have been successfully recovered from the Apple ICloud backup except for the original SoundMeter app. SoundMeter X however has appeared with a couple of data files.
How do I Re-install the original SoundMeter, reactivate the subscriptions from August 2016 and recover the large number of data files?
PS I have been very pleased with SoundMeter over the past 4 years.
Regards
Kangaroo1
Sydney Australia
PPS The subscription was under my current email address.

Comments

• Hi Kangaroo1,

I'm glad that SoundMeter has been working well for you and I'm sorry that your iPhone died.

All my other apps have been successfully recovered from the Apple ICloud backup except for the original SoundMeter app.

If the SoundMeter app was part of the backup, it should have been restored. What happened when you tried to restore it?

Once the device backup has been restored, you should be able to retrieve the files in one of the following ways:

1. iTunes File Sharing:
      https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301

2. In Catalina or Big Sur, browse device files in the Finder:
      https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210598

Downloading your SoundMeter files this way should work even if you are running iOS 13 or newer.

Ben

• Thanks for your prompt reply Ben.
    Both The SoundMeter and SoundMeter-X icons appear on my IPhone and IPad screens.
    When I click on the SoundMeter icon on both IPhone and IPad it flashes for less than a second then returns to the generic IPhone and IPad screens.
    PS Apologies for late response - I have been fishing for a week in isolation on the NSW south coast. Luckily we have avoided the full impact of COVID-19 in Australia.
    Hopefully the vaccines will relieve the situation in the US.
    Regards
    Kangaroo1

• When I click on the SoundMeter icon on both IPhone and IPad it flashes for less than a second then returns to the generic IPhone and IPad screens.

The original SoundMeter won't run on iOS 13 or later. In spite of that, you can still retrieve your data by following the instructions I gave. Your data should still be on your device as long as you haven't deleted SoundMeter from it since you restored from backup.

Ben

• PS Apologies for late response - I have been fishing for a week in isolation on the NSW south coast. Luckily we have avoided the full impact of COVID-19 in Australia.

No problem. I hope you enjoyed your fishing expedition.

Ben