how do I increase the recorded time above 200ms (in total) in accelerometer mode

edited December 1969 in SignalScope
I am trying to record the vibration of a machine moving over a period of 10 seconds. I cannot get this program to show more than 1 fifth of a second on the screen. Does anyone have a solution please? :?

Comments

• Longer time records are planned for a future version of SignalScope.
  • I would be very interested in longer time intervals and a roll or chart recorder mode. I just downloaded the program. Most impressive. Recording the data for further analysis (and after post processing) being able to  playback the 'signal' into the scope  would be really useful.

Is there a brief instruction 'manual' or page reviewing the user interface? This would accelerate my learning curve for the ui (which is pretty intuitive).

I'd like to see the gui interface for the trigger level changed so that you can use a slider or wheel to adjust values, preferably while viewing the signal. A pretrigger interval would also be very useful. A trigger level 'band' would also be nice so that EITHER a positive or negative deflection of a set amplitude would trigger a sweep. Incorporating signal averaging into the scope portion would also be nice.

Being able to use audio files and incorporating the signal generator program and this scope program as one app would be great. As a minimum, a  'cal' signal of say a 1 kHz sine or square wave as input would be a real plus.

Ben, if you are interested, I would be glad to 'beta test' prerelease versions. I've used scopes for years.

I'm really quite amazed at what you've done.

---
    Ken
  • For some time, SignalScope has supported time scales up to 500ms/div, or 5 seconds total. In reality, twice the amount of visible data is captured. Sliding a single finger across the time axis label area will reveal additional data to the right or the left of the default display region. This can be handy for viewing events that happened just before a trigger event.

To increase the time scale, use a two-finger spreading gesture within the time axis label area. Pinching will reduce the time scale.

Ken, thank you for your compliments.

Ben
  • Thanks, Ben. I see now that I have 5 seconds max. Can I adjust the sweep size so that say 100 ms is the total time and get gapless sweeps (one after the other)?

A roll mode would be a fantastic addition and the ability to email a 'sweep's' data would be a major addition.

Interactive trigger levels would also be a big plus.

Also can you capture in scope mode and do a spectral analysis of the captured data?

---
    Ken