THD measurement

edited December 1969 in SignalScope Pro
I've been asked to optimize a compressor/limiter for a client and I need to check the THD response and minimize it. It's not clear to me that SignalScope Pro would work for me or not. Could someone tell me if it does a reasonable job of measuring THD between input and output of a device?

Comments

• SignalScope Pro's FFT Analyzer tool is capable of computing THD with up to 15 harmonics.
    In order to get good results, you'll need to use a test signal that's at a frequency that matches one of the frequency bins in the FFT. This is fairly simple if you use SignalScope Pro's built-in signal generator and use the same audio device for both output and input in your measurements.
  • Cool, thanks! I'll be using a Presonus Firestudio Mobile to give me the XLR in and out.
  • Am I correct in assuming that the number of spectral lines is equivalent to the number of bins?
  • Am I correct in assuming that the number of spectral lines is equivalent to the number of bins?
    Yes. Each line represents one bin.