Faber Forum

FFT smoothing and noise

edited December 1969 in SignalScope
Hi, I´m using SS on iPhone 2G for quick PA sound system EQ, I´m getting good results with it, but I´m needing some kind of FFT smoothing, so I can get good bass resolution and a smooth graph viewing for hi freq.

Noise: when I set "Audio pass through" I hear in my headphones the signal the original headset mic is capturing mixed with some kind of pink noise in the background. I restarted the iPhone but the noise is still there.

SS doesn't have pink noise generator, what is generating this noise?

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Paul,
    Hi, I´m using SS on iPhone 2G for quick PA sound system EQ, I´m getting good results with it, but I´m needing some kind of FFT smoothing, so I can get good bass resolution and a smooth graph viewing for hi freq.
    What amount of smoothing are you looking for? Perhaps a better question is: What frequency resolution do you need? Would the 1/3 octave analyzer in SignalScope Pro be adequate for your needs?
    SS doesn't have pink noise generator, what is generating this noise?
    I haven't experienced that before with SignalScope. Do you only hear the noise when using Audio Through in SignalScope? Do you hear similar noise when recording or listening to the same headset mic signal in any other app?

Ben
  • Does the noise occur only at high SPL or is it always there when you select audio pass through?
  • Hi, I solved the noise issue, it was the headset microphone. I pick a new one and the noise dissapear.

FFT smoothing: I'm looking for 1/6 or 1/12 octave band smoothing. But not like an RTA (bars).