Getting signals OUT of the iPhone

edited December 1969 in SignalScope
Hi, folks.

I think that this app is great in a lot of ways, but I am still amazed that even after it has been out for this long, it is still missing what seems to me to be a very basic feature: The ability to get data out of it for further analysis.

Basically, I want to be able to take several samples on site (which does not necessarily have an active cell tower nearby), name them, and then go somewhere where I have cell reception and email the samples to myself.

Specifically, I want to be able to get the program to send the data it is displaying through email as an ASCII text file (CSV preferably, but just in the body of an email would be fine. No need for attachments, etc.), so that I can cut-and-paste the data into Excel or another program and do further analysis. I would like to be able to do this for both the raw sample data as well as the equivalent frequency spectrum (after fourier analysis). I don't care especially if they are in the same or different emails. Any metadata necessary to interpret the data, such as the date/time the sample was taken, the number of samples per second taken, or the frequency associated with of each spectrum sample, should be included as well.

Being able to have saved, named samples could be useful for other things as well. For instance, I could take a sample, designate it as a "baseline spectrum" indicating general noise in the area, then subtract other samples from it for the purposes of displaying.

The iPhone's display resolution is poor. Being able to send these samples to my own computer, so I can use my own graphing programs and my own analysis, etc. would be a big plus. Considering that this program is one of the most expensive I have seen for sale on the iPhone, I would expect features like this to be supported.

Comments

• Hello!

Thank you for your feedback. I certainly understand your concern and I am happy to report that data acquisition capabilities are planned for future products.

Ben
  • Since the update that included Voice Memos, I use it to record field samples then email them to myself for analysis at home.

Hope this helps  :-)