Feature requests

edited December 1969 in SignalSuite
I really like your iPhone apps, bought all three of them!  :-) Two feature requests for your consideration:
1.  Have an option where one of two channels being output can be inverted.  This allows one to use a 1/8" TRS to XLR adapter cable for a mono "balanced" output.  Pat Brown came up with this clever idea for use with the iPod.
2.  Have the ability to zoom in on a specific range of frequencies to sweep for greater resolution.  This can be helpful in finding room modes, testing woofers for rub and buzz problems.

Comments

• Arthur,

I'm glad you like the apps.
    1.  Have an option where one of two channels being output can be inverted.  This allows one to use a 1/8" TRS to XLR adapter cable for a mono "balanced" output.
    It's already in there--check out the Options tab.  Are you using the latest version (1.2)?
    2.  Have the ability to zoom in on a specific range of frequencies to sweep for greater resolution.
    You can specify the start and end frequencies of your sweep, so I don't understand exactly what your asking for.

Ben
  • on 1228933899:
    1.  Have an option where one of two channels being output can be inverted.  This allows one to use a 1/8" TRS to XLR adapter cable for a mono "balanced" output.
    It's already in there--check out the Options tab.  Are you using the latest version (1.2)?

Ok, updated to the latest version, lo and behold they are there!  Fabulous!  Thanks, this will be really useful!   :-)
    on 1228933899:
    2.  Have the ability to zoom in on a specific range of frequencies to sweep for greater resolution.
    You can specify the start and end frequencies of your sweep, so I don't understand exactly what your asking for.

Ben
    I wasn't referring to the swept sine waves, what I meant is the ability to generate a continuous sine wave signal (in the periodic generator), and with my finger sweep up and down in frequency with more resolution.  So instead of 20-20,000 Hz, be able to sweep from 20-200 Hz along the full width of the frequency slider.  This will handily replace a nifty but discontinued sine wave generator that Goldline used to make (that I subsequently lost), I think it was called the "rattler" that had a nice big frequency knob, and a limited frequency range for just the LF.  Helped me find problem woofers fast, and identified the loose air vents that the mechanical contractor neglected.  Sorry for the confusion!   :wink:
  • I would second this request.  I drag a 25 year old Leader signal generator around just to have this indispensable function.  A defineable start and end frequency and a drag to sweep control on screen would be an excellent addition to Signal Suite.
      with my finger sweep up and down in frequency with more resolution.  So instead of 20-20,000 Hz, be able to sweep from 20-200 Hz along the full width of the frequency slider