Time base and Trigger issues

edited December 1969 in SignalScope
Hello all,

This is Steffan Diedrichsen, I'm new to this forum. I have bought all Faber iPhone apps (except dB, I'm not a facebook guy) and they work really well and are very useful, but I have some wishes for SignalScope:
Here's my wishlist:
A Trigger level display.
An indicator for recording/ idling or "Armed". Just to have something, that displays that the scope is being triggered and records now.
Any chances we'll get this?

Comments

• Here's my wishlist:
    A Trigger level display.
    What exactly would you like to see? Since each channel is self-triggered, you can already see the trigger signal if you are using Auto triggering. For Normal or Single-shot triggering, would a simple bar-graph-style level meter be what you're looking for?
    An indicator for recording/idling or "Armed".
    Is the indicator in the toolbar (at the top of the screen) insufficient?  If so, why?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ben

• on 1234197270:
    Here's my wishlist:
    A Trigger level display.
    What exactly would you like to see? Since each channel is self-triggered, you can already see the trigger signal if you are using Auto triggering. For Normal or Single-shot triggering, would a simple bar-graph-style level meter be what you're looking for?

I'd love a mark at the y-Axis. This gives you a good cue, if your trigger level is set too high or too low. A bargraph isn't really necessary, although your new bargraph in Soundmeter looks great.
    An indicator for recording/idling or "Armed".
    Is the indicator in the toolbar (at the top of the screen) insufficient?  If so, why?

It just indicates, that the scope is recording. But it does'nt indicate in normal mode, if the scope is waiting for a trigger or has been triggered. In single mode, the indicator in the toolbar is OK, it simply switches back to stop.
    BUT: if you've zoomed into the picture to see a range of -100ms to 100ms while working with a 5sec timebase, you've no cue, if the scope is still recording. BTW, in that case the scope hangs. It triggers correctly and shows the waveform properly for the soomed range, but it doesn't stop recording and I have to terminate the scope by pressing the home button. Without zooming, I didn't experience the hang.
    I think, many scopes has such an indicator.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ben