No signal from M-Audio Fast Track

edited December 1969 in SignalScope
I am on a trial version of SignalScope.  I am using a MacBook and an M-Audio Fast Track preamp.  Other applications (such as Audacity) are able to read from the preamp.  SignalScope detects the Fast Track, and even indicates that sampling is taking place (by reporting "actual sampling rate") but I get no waveform.  Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• USB input/output devices typically show up as two separate devices, one for input and one for output, each with the same name. There is a bug in the current version of SignalScope, which prevents the input device from being properly recognized. A workaround is to use the Aggregate Device Editor in the Audio MIDI Setup utility application to create a single virtual device, which includes both input and output of the USB device (Fast Track).

An update to SignalScope should be available soon, which will fix the problem.
  • I'd like to bump this - I have the same issue with a similar setup (Macbook running 10.6 with Fast Track Pro). I tried the workaround, didn't help.

The USB device is being read - I can see input on the calibration tool, etc. But it resolutely refuses to allow me to select the Fast Track as inout device, it only allows (built in) Microphone In.

It doens't look like an update has been posted as mentioned in the post by FaberAST.
  • But it resolutely refuses to allow me to select the Fast Track as inout device, it only allows (built in) Microphone In.
    What exactly do you mean by this? Does the Fast Track not appear in the input device menu in the project window? Or, do you observe some other behavior when you try to select it?

Which version of SignalScope are you using?

Ben