Capturing high resolution data causes MacBook to crash

edited December 1969 in SignalScope Pro
I just purchased Signal Scope Pro and have used it to perform some acoustic measurements.  Everything works fine if I have the FFT size set to 512 and the sampling rate set to 44.1kHz.  When I set the FFT size any higher, my MacBook (orignial 2GHz white) crashes when I try to "save data".

It creates the file, but doesn't save any of the data.  At 512, it saves the data with no problems.

Comments

• Are you running Tiger (10.4) or Leopard (10.5) on your MacBook?

How are the Guardbanding and Digital Anti-alias Filtering options set (in Preferences)?

Ben

• Please try deleting your preferences file (~/Library/Preferences/com.faberacoustical.signalscopepro.plist). That appears to have solved a similar (perhaps identical) problem on a MacBook Pro.

Ben

• I tried your suggestion of deleting the preference file and it seems to have worked.  It still crashes if I try to overwrite a previously saved data file, but if it's a unique file name, it saves no problem.

Thanks
    Glenn
  • Also for your reference, I am running OSX 10.5.1.  And I had the Guardbanding turned off.

Thanks
    Glenn