Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SignalScope / Frequency Measurement
« Last post by tinskip on September 22, 2018, 04:21:55 PM »
I am finding doing frequency measurements with SignalScope to be difficult.  It has to be done visually  and by hand, and there are no physical knobs to tweak the time axis like in a hardware scope.

Ideally the fundamental frequency would be available somewhere.  Am I missing something?
SoundMeter / Re: MicW i436 calibration with updated I/O config iPhone Se/ipad
« Last post by FaberAST on March 22, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »
Hello Martijn,

Which MicW model are you using? Which version of SoundMeter?

If you are not seeing the option to select between FS and V for the device, that suggests that your MicW is either not connected properly, or that you have the built-in mic selected as the current input device. (FS stands for Full Scale, which is the maximum digital value that can be represented by the input hardware.)

If you think it will help, you are welcome to attach or send screenshots that illustrate the problem you are experiencing.

Best regards,

Ben Faber
SoundMeter / MicW i436 calibration with updated I/O config iPhone Se/ipad
« Last post by MartijnVeulemans on March 22, 2018, 02:34:43 AM »
Hi, since I got an updated I/O config on the soundmeter Pro I did not manage to calibrate it with the Volt settings of the MicW. Following the blog and also MicW's guideline's I encounter a change of settings, Device settings are no longer in V, but in FS or Pa! (what means FS?)
By selecting Pascale as device settings and under input channels (all channels to Pa)/calibrate, I only can set the input sensitivity to Pa/Fs. If I insert the mV settings I get the strangest readings compared to other SL meters.
What is the workaround, how do I set my 5.7mV/Pa correctly?
This occurred also on the iPad, which worked correctly before I/O update.

Thank you,
Best,
Martijn
SoundMeter X / Welcome to the SoundMeter X discussion
« Last post by FaberAST on March 21, 2018, 04:33:53 PM »
SoundMeter X, the successor to SoundMeter and SoundMeter Pro, is available as a free download from the App Store and offers subscription-based upgrades for sound analysis and data logging.

See our note about moving to subscriptions on the blog.
SignalScope X / Welcome to the SignalScope X discussion
« Last post by FaberAST on January 10, 2018, 03:17:36 PM »
SignalScope X, the successor to SignalScope and SignalScope Pro, includes a free oscilloscope and subscription-based tool sets to meet your more serious needs.

See our note about moving to subscriptions on the blog.
SignalScope / Re: RTA Averaging
« Last post by Dengser on November 30, 2017, 02:03:20 AM »
Yes. With those settings, you'll get the average sound level over 20 seconds in each whole or 1/3 octave band, plus an overall (full bandwidth) average level. You can see the overall level by tapping the graph to turn on the cursor.

Hi Faber, when I tap the graph nothing happens. Is this a bug?
SoundMeter / Re: Calibrate MicW i437L
« Last post by FaberAST on November 27, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »
Unfortunately, the i437L presents itself as if it were a standard headset jack. This means that apps like SoundMeter cannot automatically distinguish between an i437L and a standard headset jack.

Your approach is correct (i.e. Device Units = FS, Channel Units = Pa, Gain = Mid). We do not know the precise input gain used by MicW when testing the sensitivity of the i437L, but using the Mid gain setting in SoundMeter seems to work well.

It's too bad MicW didn't take advantage of the opportunity to produce a digital microphone that presented itself uniquely to iOS. That would have allowed automatic loading of sensitivity information, similar to what SignalScope does with the Digiducer digital accelerometers.
« Last post by peterlufrano on November 16, 2017, 10:50:38 PM »
sweet! thank you so much for helping me (and your indulgence!)
« Last post by FaberAST on November 16, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »
Yes. With those settings, you'll get the average sound level over 20 seconds in each whole or 1/3 octave band, plus an overall (full bandwidth) average level. You can see the overall level by tapping the graph to turn on the cursor.
« Last post by peterlufrano on November 16, 2017, 08:52:13 AM »
simple as that? So the program averages all the measurements it takes during the set "duration" automatically?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10