I installed and was using SoundSource before I started having issues with SignalScope. I'd set SoundSource 'Input' to Soundflower and then set SignalScope's input to the same, so that's why I asked earlier about how SignalScope handles inputs, I wonderd if I'd used SignalScope to override something which caused this issue. I have noticed that if I go to Device I/O, that both 'Line In' and 'Soundflower' are switched on. I'd also selected Soundflower as SignalScope's output when Soundflower was working correctly, but I remember that SignalScope's output was selected to 'Built-In Audio' when I was having issues.
I'll have a further poke at this later on, see if I can pin a sequence of events down.
Edit: after poking, I found that if I start SignalScope Pro directly (i.e. by not calling my saved project), then select Soundflower as my output via SoundSource and Soundflower as SignalScope Pro's input, i.e. *not* a system-wide input via SoundSource, then I get my signal. When I look at Device I/O, I notice this:
- In my saved project, when I start it, both 'Line in' and 'Soundflower' are turned on.
- In the new project, only 'Line in' or 'Soundflower' is turned on, depending on the selected input on the main control panel.
Edit2: In my saved project, 'Line in' and 'Soundflower' are both activated only if 'Soundflower' is the selected input.